Bond Pearce adds non-exec director to board
Bond Pearce has appointed former British American Tobacco in-house lawyer Nick Brookes as the first non-executive director on its board.Brookes, who is also a non-executive of clothing firm Next, joined the law firm earlier this summer and has already been present at several board meetings. He has been appointed for a three-year term - joining managing partner Victor Tettmar, senior partner and chairman Richard Challands, the firm's finance director and four other partners on the board. Tettmar said: "Nick has been brought in to strengthen and complement the board. We may bring in more non-executives going forward, but we will see how it works. "Most importantly, it is good to bring someone who can offer different commercial experience onto our management team."Commenting on his role with Bond Pearce, Brookes added: "Bond Pearce is a leading firm with the ambition of growing its southwest base. I have strong personal ties to the region and I had a strong chemistry with the management when I met them."The appointment of Brookes follows the hire of senior tax consultant Brian Garner.Garner joined Bond Pearce's Plymouth branch in July from accountancy firm Ernst & Young, where he headed the corporate tax group in Exeter.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651