Bar Council chair Dutton takes Fountain Court helm
Bar Council chairman Timothy Dutton QC is to replace Michael Brindle QC as head of Fountain Court Chambers.Dutton will take the helm at Fountain Court on 1 October with Brindle stepping down at the end of this month when his five-year term comes to a close. Brindle, who will remain a tenant with Fountain Court, was joint head of chambers alongside Michael Lerego QC until 2007.Dutton will continue to serve as Bar Council chairman until the end of December, before being succeeded by 5 Raymond Buildings' joint head of chambers, Desmond Browne QC on 1 January, 2009.Dutton was called to the Bar in 1979, taking silk in 1998, and has a practice covering commercial, public law and professional negligence work. He was leader of the South Eastern Circuit between 2004 and 2006, during which time he was heavily involved in legal aid issues.Dutton, who will serve a five year term as head of chambers, said: "It is a privilege to be the head of such a distinguished set which is stabled with a great deal of talent in it." In April, Fountain Court appointed Old Square Chambers' senior clerk John Taylor to the newly-created position of director of clerking.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651