Bursting Wragges’ bubble
Business is business and, for the most part, the stream of announcements of law firm job cuts seen so far have been proportionate and hard to avoid. But…
Business is business and, for the most part, the stream of announcements of law firm job cuts seen so far have been proportionate and hard to avoid. But it’s hard to see how the announcement today from Wragge & Co that it is consulting on redundancies of as many as 30 fee earners fit into that category. For a start, the cuts are very deep for a firm with 441 lawyers. Likewise, they come after a period in which Wragges achieved revenue growth of 11.5% while profits rose by 15.8%.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651