Ex-MTV emerging markets chief takes role at telecoms company
Satellite services company Intelsat has appointed former MTV emerging markets legal chief Robert Cummins as its new assistant general counsel.Cummins, who left his role at MTV earlier this month, will formally take up his new post on 22 September. He will be based at the company's UK office and will be responsible for commercial matters in Europe and the Middle East. He will report to Washington-based deputy general counsel Patricia Casey.Commenting on the new role, Cummins told Legal Week: "I am thrilled with the move. I left MTV on a high and it is a great time to be joining Intelsat. The satellite industry is recession-resistant and, for me as a lawyer, it is great to move into a new industry."He added: "It is early days yet but I am looking forward to inheriting a new team. I will be working in a different but related sector and will be part of a new learning curve. I am still in the midst of meeting people and I am at the drawing board stage."Following Cummins' departure, MTV's head of legal for international and the UK, Roger James, has kicked off the search for a new legal head for the 12-strong emerging markets legal team, which has lawyers based in the UK, Poland, Hungary and South Africa.Cummins had been with the entertainment giant for almost two years after joining from technology company Sapient in October 2006.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651