DLA Piper hires Ernst & Young HR director
DLA Piper has hired a new human resources (HR) director for Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia from Ernst & Young. Carol Ashton joined the firm this week (15 September) and will lead a team of more than 130 HR professionals. She spent six years with Ernst & Young and at the time of her departure was the accounting firm's chief HR officer. As part of her new role, Ashton will be responsible for developing and implementing strategy on HR issues such as training and development, diversity and partner performance management. She said: "Having worked for a global professional services organisation for more than a decade, I understand the impact that HR-related matters can have on business performance and will be able to draw on my experience to ensure that the HR function is aligned to the changing needs of the business."At Ernst & Young Ashton was responsible for HR strat-egy across five core geographic areas. She worked on initiatives including recruitment and mobility of talent, diversity, the global employee survey and refreshing the firm's core values. Before joining Ernst & Young she spent six years with the now-collapsed accounting firm Andersen.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651