A&O set for Munich launch with double Shearman hire
Allen & Overy (A&O) is to launch in Munich next month with the hire of Shearman & Sterling's Munich head Gottfried Breuninger and M&A partner Astrid Krueger. The departures will leave the US firm with only two partners in its Munich office and will heighten market speculation about Shearman's German arm, which saw its Mannheim office split away earlier this year (1 May) to set up independently as Schilling Zutt & Anschuetz.The Munich hires also mark A&O's third raid on Shearman's German practice this year as it brought in Shearman's global co-head of M&A, Hans Rolf Koerfer, and M&A partner Birgit Reese for its Duesseldorf office in January and March respectively.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651