15 partners quit Heller as Mayer Brown talks end
At least 15 intellectual property (IP) partners are leaving Heller Ehrman to join US rival Covington & Burlington, as merger talks between Heller and Mayer Brown reach a conclusion, reports The Recorder. The end of the talks was announced in an email to the partnership from Mayer Brown chairman James Holzhauer on Monday morning, in which he praised Heller as a firm.News of the 15 partners leaving Heller had come in over the weekend and into Monday, according to one source who would not elaborate on whether the announcements precipitated the end of the merger talks or vice versa.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651