Norton Rose builds on Singapore aviation with high-flying recruit
Norton Rose has strengthened its Asian capabilities with the addition of a new partner to the firm's Singapore office.Aviation partner Leigh Borrello is set to rejoin the City firm next month from Clyde & Co, where he was a partner for just under a year. Prior to joining Clydes' Singapore office, Borrello was a senior associate with Norton Rose in Singapore and has additionally practised with the aviation finance department at US law firm Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy.Borrello will lead the aviation practice, which falls within the asset finance team in Singapore. He replaces former head Simon Briscoe, who left Norton Rose in May to join City rival Clifford Chance.At Norton Rose, Borrello will focus on aviation financing and leasing as the firm continues with plans to build its aviation offering.Borrello's arrival marks the second hire for the firm's Singapore office in recent months, with corporate partner Adam Summerly joining the firm in April from Duane Morris.The wider Asian practice was also recently boosted by the hire of corporate partner Justin Wilson, who joined the Shanghai office from Clifford Chance in June.Norton Rose global aviation chief Jeremy Edwards said: "We are extremely busy in Singapore and aviation is a core part of our practice. Borrello's arrival will help to further build our practice and service our clients in Asia and India."He added: "The business plan is to continue to grow Asia and the Middle East. This is an unsettled time and airlines are finding it difficult, but there is still plenty of work and confidence is good in the region."The firm is also looking to spread its aviation practice out to the Middle East, where it does not currently have any aviation capabilities.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651