BLP set for Mid East with Abu Dhabi launch
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) is set to open its first office in the Middle East, with the City law firm planning an Abu Dhabi launch for the start of next year. The firm is to transfer London hospitality and leisure partner John Sipling to Abu Dhabi in January to head up the practice, with four associates also set to make the move. The launch marks a shift in strategy for BLP, which only has offices in Brussels, Paris and Singapore outside of its London base. The Singapore office opened last year and elsewhere the firm relies on a network of preferred referral firms. BLP decided to open in Abu Dhabi after an increase in work from the region, including a recent large instruction from property developer Aldar Properties, which is investing $80bn (£45.3bn) into Abu Dhabi development contracts.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651