Diary: Keep it in the family
The Diary is fully aware that teamwork and a strong employee culture are important factors for law firms to keep at the top of their agenda, but it seems that one particular US outfit has taken the whole 'tightly-kit family' thing to a slightly worrying new level. On a Stateside trip for some face time with his transatlantic colleagues, a London-based lawyer at the US firm in question witnessed team-bonding, US-style, at first hand. The lawyer arrived at a work-organised baseball game to find that the 100 or so lawyers attending the game all dressed in bright orange T-shirts, all bearing the legend: 'We are a part of the family'. Needless to say, our London lawyer was not in possession of his own T-shirt, but sat with his comrades and cheered on the team. Given the much-vaunted 'special relationship' between the US and the UK, The Diary would like to think that us here at Legal Week Towers are also 'part of the family'.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651