Thelen Reid in merger talks with Nixon Peabody
Thelen and Nixon Peabody are in merger talks, with a possible agreement pending, according to sources close to the situation, reports The National Law Journal.The law firms have been in extensive talks, with Nixon Peabody management travelling to San Francisco to meet with their Thelen counterparts, according to two sources. A third confirmed that the two firms had been talking. The combined firm would have about lawyers.A spokesman for Thelen, which has suffered significant partner departures recently, would not confirm that it was speaking specifically with Nixon Peabody, although he said that the firm is actively pursuing a merger partner.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651