Simpson Thacher to lead on multibillion-dollar KKR listing
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett is to advise longstanding client Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co (KKR) on the private equity powerhouse's public offering, reports The American Lawyer.The transaction is a significant departure from KKR's original plans, announced a year ago, to raise $1.25bn (£627m) through an initial public offering. Instead, KKR will go public by taking over its Amsterdam-listed investment fund, KKR Private Equity Investors (PEI). After the transaction is completed, shares of KKR will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The proposed deal values KKR at a reported $12bn-$15bn (£6bn-£7.5bn).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651