Career Clinic: Have I chosen the wrong seat?
"I am due to start my training contract at a City firm late next month. When I filled in the form asking which seat I wanted to do, I ticked property as my first choice, which I got - but now because of the property slump I'm worried that I'll spend six months doing nothing in the property department, which could work against me when I come to applying for qualification jobs (I thought I wanted to be a property lawyer). Is my concern legitimate and should I try and delay the seat until next year, or should I just enjoy the six months of 9 to 5?"
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651