Sao Paulo sizzles as US firms hit Brazil market
After jetting down to Sao Paulo every few weeks for years, Jonathan Bisgaier has as many close friends in Brazil's largest city as he does in his native New York. And, starting this month, he'll be seeing them even more often. The Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom partner heads up the firm's newly opened Sao Paulo office, joining a recent rush of Am Law 200 firms opening up in Latin America's hottest economy. "As robust as everything has been for some time, it's been even more so since 2004," says Bisgaier, who brings with him half a dozen Portuguese-speaking associates from New York. "The view is that Brazil has finally broken out of its boom-and-bust cycle."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651