Slaughters, A&O take top roles on £1.25bn A&L bid
Slaughter and May and Allen & Overy (A&O) have bagged top roles on the £1.25bn bid for Alliance & Leicester by Banco Santander. The Spanish banking giant announced today that it has put in an offer for British bank Alliance & Leicester, which was formerly a building society.Slaughter and May fielded a team from its London office advising Banco Santander on corporate, competition and regulatory components to the transaction.Corporate chief Frances Murphy, along with corporate partners Roland Turnill and Andrew Jolly, led a large team from the firm, with tax partner Steve Edge, financial regulatory partner Jan Putnis, competition partner Bertrand Louveaux, and pensions and employment partner Roland Doughty assisting.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651