Value your firm
At the end of last year, the Legal Services Act gained Royal Assent, with provisions for alternative business structures (ABS) heralding opportunities for major changes in our legal services market - currently estimated to be worth £19bn. Although the law - which allows law firms to go into business with other professionals and list on the stock market - does not come into force until 2011, both investors and existing law firms are starting to rethink the delivery of legal services and explore market potential. This is an unprecedented opportunity for financial institutions and retailers to provide a range of legal products and for investors to take equity in existing legal practices.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651