Russia and the rule of law – together at last
At this gathering of independent firms from Russia and surrounding countries, Nick Eastwell, the head of Linklaters' new emerging markets practice, was…
At this gathering of independent firms from Russia and surrounding countries, Nick Eastwell, the head of Linklaters’ new emerging markets practice, was on hand to make the case for international firms. In particular, he highlighted the UK firm’s decision to spin off four offices in Eastern Europe while launching a group focused on the developing economies of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. Dr Cord-Georg Hasselmann of Hengeler Mueller and Dimitry Afanasiev of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners argued for the independents, outlining international strategies based on a series of ‘best friends’ relationships with overseas practices.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651