Wait & Case
The Diary is used to being kept waiting by partners but last week your correspondent and another Legal Week newshound were stalled for 20 minutes by catering staff at White & Case as they toiled to transform a bog-standard conference room into a luxury restaurant, complete with crisp white table cloth, more sets of cutlery than Emily Post would know what to do with and even some rather charming printed menus. However, when LW's scoop-sniffer let slip that he'd had some culinary training of his own from none other than flambeing Celtic firebrand Gordon Ramsay, the firm's in-house chef, Pascal, became visibly rather nervous.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651