DLA ally Cliffe Dekker seals tie-up with SA rival
Cliffe Dekker, the South African ally of DLA Piper, is to merge with local rival Hofmeyr Herbstein & Gihwala, in a deal that is set to create the country's largest law firm. The combined firm will operate as Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr from September, boasting 127 partners in Johannesburg and Capetown. It is thought the combined practice will be the largest law firm in South Africa, with Cliffe Dekker contributing 65 and 62 hailing from Hofmeyr.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651