Career Clinic: Please offer me redundancy!
I'm a two-year PQE corporate associate at a US firm - the average Gen-Y moaner. It's a job I fell into because I couldn't think of anything better to do at the time. Now, with no-one else to blame, I am bored out of my mind at work and it's destroying my relationship with my girlfriend and parents, affecting my sleep and concentration span, and sapping my personality. I detest arriving every morning, leave as early as possible every afternoon, and regularly fantasise about emailing a farewell to my PA and simply walking out. Although I really like my peers and enjoy the absurd salary, I have absolutely no interest in the corporate or financial worlds, find the clients boorish, the work worthless and cannot understand how those above me can cope with the mindless, menial, miserable drudgery which brings tears to my eyes. Consequently, I have no interest in getting any better or progressing.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651