Law firm networks: Model of understanding
During the past three years, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), including Russia, generated 15 deals, each with a value exceeding E3.5bn (£2.8bn), according to Mergermarket. In the same period, Clifford Chance acted on 98 CEE deals with a total value of more than E48bn (£38bn), Baker & McKenzie acted on 95 deals while White & Case acted on 85. This is a stark contrast with 15 years ago when the deal volumes in the CEE region were among the lowest in the world and the local independent law firms typically consisted of two people sharing a desk in an apartment building somewhere in a dusty capital city. Now the local lawyers are no longer the poor relatives: Ion Nestor was on the cover of Business Week Romania. His firm, the 182-people strong Nestor Nestor Diculescu Kingston Petersen, was recognized as one of the Business Superbrands Romania 2007-08.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651