US Briefing: Karp nets Paul Weiss top role
Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison has elected Brad Karp as its next chairman. Karp, the co-chair of Paul Weiss' litigation department and a member of the firm's management committee, will take the top leadership spot in January. Karp, 48, who began his career at Paul Weiss as a summer associate in 1983, said on Thursday (8 May) he saw his main task ahead as maintaining Paul Weiss' culture at a time when the profession in general has become more obsessed with the bottom line.
Law.com’s weekly US Briefing brings you the pick of this week’s news, analysis and comment from the States
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651