US Briefing: Paul Hastings malpractice suit runs
A New York judge has allowed a legal malpractice suit alleging faulty due diligence work by Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker to proceed. Investor Ronald Katz hired the law firm to represent him in connection with a $3m investment in a company called Humitech. Katz claims the lawyers failed to determine that Humitech was not the beneficial owner of certain mineral rights he expected to obtain, and that other collateral in the form of stocks was encumbered.
Law.com’s weekly US Briefing brings you the pick of this week’s news, analysis and comment from the States
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651