Corporate Counsel: Credit where it's due?
Swiss banks are probably not accustomed to playing practical jokes on 1 April, but the business community could have been forgiven for thinking that UBS was engaging in some April Fool's Day shenanigans when it announced that its general counsel, Peter Kurer, would be the new chairman.Such a move does not happen very often and, according to a raft of City commentators, neither should it. Indeed, if proof were needed of the suspicion in which lawyers are held by large parts of the business community, Kurer's appointment provided it.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651