Top lawyers rally in support of under-fire UBS chair Kurer
City lawyers have jumped to the defence of Peter Kurer whose promotion from general counsel to chairman of troubled banking giant UBS last week drew extensive criticism from the press and banking community. Kurer has been accused by critics - including former UBS chief executive Luqman Arnold - of lacking the relevant experience to do the job. In a widely published letter Arnold explicitly criticises the appointment of a lawyer to replace former chairman Marcel Ospel.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651