UK GCs are best paid GCs in the world
UK general counsel are the best paid in the world, according to new research by international recruitment firm Laurence Simon. The poll found UK general counsel can expect to earn between £114,000 and £214,000 a year depending on the size of their legal department. General counsel in Germany earn more than any general counsel on the continent and can expect to take home salaries up to E272,000 (£205,790). Average earnings for general counsel in the US range from $219,000 (£110,246) to $419,000 (£210,948).
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651