Ian Stephens: Branding can win you the battle
"We have seen three other great firms that could all do the work, so what's special about you then?" It is a question that can strike fear into the heart of many experienced partners pitching for high-stakes work and is music to the ears of others who know precisely where to begin their answer. The answer lies in being able to articulate what you stand for in a powerful and distinctive way - your ethos, your culture and your reputation - whatever you call it, you are talking about the firm's brand. An overused and often abused term that invites scepticism among professional people of all types, it is nevertheless an increasingly important part of the strategic armoury of the most successful professional service firms in the world.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651