Cohen Milstein lands $200m BA-Virgin settlement
Class action giant Cohen Milstein Hausfeld & Toll has won a landmark victory in the US courts after securing a $200m (£102m) settlement from British Airways and Virgin in relation to price-fixing, it was announced today (15 February). The settlement will see £73.5m put aside for just over five million UK residents who will have until 2012 to claim up to £20 for a return flight after both airlines admitted to price-fixing fuel surcharges on flights between August 2004 to March 2006.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651