HSBC launches offshore legal team for bulk work
HSBC is pioneering an offshore legal function to service its UK volume legal queries, in a move that threatens to make corporate counsel the latest back-office commodity to be relocated to Asia. The FTSE 100 banking giant has set up a team of four lawyers in its global service centre in Malaysia's capital, Kuala Lumpur, and has said that it may open up the facility to the bank's legal functions in other jurisdictions. It is understood to be the first major UK financial institution to make such a move.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651