DLA and Field Fisher full steam ahead on Deutsche Bahn's UK rail group purchase
Field Fisher Waterhouse and DLA Piper have won lead roles advising on German train operator Deutsche Bahn's acquisition of UK railway group Laing Rail. The acquisition, which marks Deutsche Bahn's first foray into the UK passenger market, took place after a competitive auction process run by investment manager Henderson Equity Partners, which bought the John Laing group in 2006.Field Fisher took on its first role for Deutsche Bahn after being instructed last year through an informal selection process. The City law firm's team was led by corporate partners Nicholas Thompsell and Nigel Taylor. DLA Piper was instructed by Henderson Equity Partners and John Laing to advise on the auction.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651