US Briefing: Statute of limitations could end $20m Morgan Lewis suit
After more than two weeks of testimony and years of prior litigation, the $20m case that pits water filtration company Purolite against its former law firm, Morgan Lewis & Bockius, could come down to whether the case is barred by the statute of limitations. The case revolves around advice allegedly given by Morgan Lewis to Purolite in 1993 to continue to sell its products to Cuban companies despite the US trade embargo.
Law.com’s weekly US Briefing brings you the pick of this week’s news, analysis and comment from the States
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651