In the week Hollywood celebrated the Oscar nominations but mourned the loss of Heath Ledger, a new cinematic star was streaking across the firmament.A hearty Diary shout-out hereby goes to multi-talented Herbert Smith partner Chris Fanner, who took some time out from financing the Groucho Grill deal to 'Make a Difference' to what could have been just another Herbies drinks do without his ace intervention.The leveraged finance legend showed how much easier it is to slip from one character to another than it is to slip out of Dentons' partnership covenants with a one-man interpretation of sci-fi classic Blade Runner.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651