Manzoor: miners' claims are LCS's Achilles heel
The Legal Services Complains Commissioner, Zahida Manzoor, has slammed the handling of complaints arising from miners' compensation claims by the Legal Complaints Service (LCS), warning that the issue could become an "Achilles heel" for the disciplinary body. Unveiling a special report into the handling of complaints resulting from the Coal Health Compensation Scheme yesterday (15 January), Manzoor said administrative failures and ineffective management controls had contributed to miners and their dependants losing out on compensation.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651