Carlos the jackal
A big name was on the move in the US last week as California firm Musick Peeler & Garrett poached Carlos Valderrama for its Latin American practice. In a statement the firm stressed that Valderrama was "not a lawyer" although, at the time of going to press, The Diary was unable to confirm whether Musick had taken on the very same Carlos Valderrama who played for Colombia in several World Cups and whose luxuriant bouffant dominated 'best haircut in world football' polls throughout the 1990s.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651