The South: The beautiful south
The south of England is UK Plc's heartland and the battle among law firms for multi-service bluechip clients has reached an all-time high. Regional law firms, once thought of as parochial and providing bluechips with only the occasional piece of employment or property advice, have in the last five years firmly come of age. In the south of England, there are a number of such law firms that are truly full service and can handle anything outside the largest, most complex transactions and technical bet-the-house type work. They have recruited heavily from the flow of highly-skilled City lawyers leaving London, disaffected with long hours and the onerous and unreliable track to possible partnership. Clients have come with them, but it is the lawyers' drive, ambition and track records that have made the real difference.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651