CC rules out further post-crunch staff cuts following six-lawyer NY team loss
Clifford Chance (CC) has ruled out further redundancies in its finance practice as a result of the credit crunch, following the firm's axing of a six-lawyer team from its New York office on Monday (5 November). As first reported by Legal Week's sister publication, The New York Law Journal (6 November), the magic circle giant laid off the six-associate team as Manhattan's structured finance lawyers feel the repercussions of the sub-prime mortgage crisis.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651