Career Clinic: Law firms only want 'Miss Perfect'!
I have just graduated from a non-traditional university with a 2:1 in Business Law. I am a foreign national intending to pursue a long-term legal career in this country. I am fluent in four different languages and am also learning a new language at a local college. I am so hungry to become a successful solicitor but cannot get a training contract. I've had one vacation placement with a medium-sized firm and a couple of training contract interviews this summer. I believe I performed well at my second interview but the firm told me they were worried I would leave for another (perhaps better-paying) international law firm after qualification.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651