Heller axes staff to cut costs and overlapping
San Francisco-based Heller Ehrman has axed 65 administrative staff throughout its US offices to eliminate overlapping positions and costs. The job cuts come as Heller's management continues to warn partners that profits may be less than initially projected. Although the firm says the plan to cut some back-office positions has long been in the works, one Heller lawyer said that a lull had "made it easier" for the firm to make the decision.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651