Bar Council names Browne as chairman-elect
The Bar Council has elected its future leadership, appointing the joint head of 5 Raymond Buildings, Desmond Browne QC, as its chairman-elect, it was announced today (9 October). Browne was named as the council's vice-chairman and will take on the chairman role from the beginning of 2009. The council's vice-chairman holds the role for one year before becoming chairman. The current vice chairman, Fountain Court Chambers' Timothy Dutton QC, will replace Geoffrey Vos QC as the chairman in the New Year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651