LSC appeals LawSoc's High Court legal aid win
The Legal Services Commission (LSC) is to appeal against the Law Society's High Court victory on legal aid, the body announced last night (5 September). Mr Justice Beatson handed out the ruling in a judicial review in July after accepting Chancery Lane's argument that key elements of the Government's controversial plans to reform the £2bn legal aid system breached European law and public contracts regulations.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651