Career Clinic: How important is my GDL grade?
I am just about to sit my GDL exams and have heard various conflicting remarks on the importance of my results. Some have suggested that firms couldn't care less what you get - that a 2:2 will not be the end of the world. However, others say it is crucial to do well in certain subjects, depending on what career path you plan to take. I want to be a corporate lawyer and have been told my contract and equity marks are crucial. But how much does the GDL really matter? I already have a training contract and am wandering how much of an effect my mark will have on my future career.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651