Listed Oz firm Slater makes debut acquisition
Slater & Gordon - the world's first publicly-owned law firm - is to make its first acquisition since its recent flotation, with the firm announcing yesterday (28 May) it is to buy a niche military compensation practice for AU$2.8m (£1.15m). Australian firm Slater hopes to complete the deal to acquire the Brisbane boutique, D'Arcys Solicitors, by 1 July. A cash-and-share offer has been tabled, with shares comprising AU$475,000 (£196,000) of the bid, based on their average trading price between 21-25 May.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651