Pay war looms as City giants raise salary stakes
City firms are on the verge of a pay war with the news that Allen & Overy (A&O) is set to raise its associate salaries for the second time in recent months, as magic circle rivals prepare to announce new payment packages for junior lawyers. An increase in City associate salaries had been expected since last October, when A&O announced a 15% hike in pay for London associates. However, news that the firm is set to raise rates again will put pressure on magic circle rivals to review their own proposed increases.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651