SJs accounts reveal £28m costs of office switch
SJ Berwin negotiated a £2m rent-free period on its new Queen Street Place home but spent more than £28m on fitting out the office, its recently-filed accounts show. SJ Berwin's 2005-06 accounts, the firm's first as a limited liability partnership, show the City firm agreed a rent-free period worth £2.03m when it moved offices in 2006. The firm also received a £1m boost as it was able to exit the lease on its old property earlier than anticipated. The changes helped the firm break the £700,000 average equity partner profits barrier for the first time last year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651