Herbies digs in for Eurotunnel arbitration win
Herbert Smith has won a notable victory for Eurotunnel in its arbitration against the French and UK governments in what represents the first occasion an investment arbitration has been brought against two Western European states. Eurotunnel began arbitration proceedings against the two governments in December 2003 after claiming its business had been severely harmed by migrants seeking to gain access to the UK through the Channel Tunnel.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651