View from here: Tailored migration
Lawyers with financially distressed clients have long been alive to the potential advantages of forum shopping. At its simplest, forum shopping means little more than identifying the optimal jurisdiction for the restructuring or insolvency of a given company and heading that way. For example, if you foresee potential problems with the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) which might scupper a sale, try the Netherlands; if you need to force through a debt-for-equity swap, the UK may be your best option; if you are advising the employees, head for France.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651