Editor's Comment: Freshening up
Invited to elaborate on Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringers current shake-up, the response of a senior partner at a magic circle rival was telling. It does not seem to be affecting their corporate performance, he remarked ruefully.Given the firms showing in Legal Weeks primary adviser rankings for European M&A in 2006, this is something of an understatement. The winner of Legal Weeks 2006 M&A Team of the Year Award won a primary role on nearly a quarter of Europes biggest deals in 2006, including four of the 10 largest transactions. It is against this background that the current restructuring taking place at Freshfields should be evaluated, even when it includes the loss of a well-regarded London finance partner like David Ereira, who is joining arch rival Linklaters.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651