The next time you visit your high street, compare the local law firm's appearance to that of the GPs' surgery. The chances are that the surgery, if a little over-crowded, will be fitted out with a few mod cons, giving it the air of a well-heeled local business. As for the high street firm, it is more likely to come across as an establishment that has seen better days. Speaking at the recent special general meeting on legal aid, Law Society president Fiona Woolf said the battle over the Government's criminal legal aid reform plans was "the most important issue facing the profession and the public".
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651