High Court judge takes charge of infrastructure
A High Court judge has been put in charge of all court infrastructure for the first time. The move sees Queen’s Bench Division judge Mr Justice Stanley Burnton appointed to succeed Lord Justice Neuberger as the Judge in Charge of Modernisation. Burnton will take up the post on 1 January when Neuberger becomes Head of Civil Justice. At the same time, the role of Judge in Charge of Modernisation will be expanded to include Burnton’s existing property brief. He is currently judicial representative in relation to estates and sits on HM Courts Service’s National Property Board.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651