Partners voice support for A&O pay reforms but deny plans to hit back
Allen & Overy's pay shake-up receives backing from the market, with the firm's move to tie assistant bonuses to equity partner points getting a strong thumbs up. Caroline Grimshaw reports on the latest Big Question survey
The logic of Allen & Overy’s (A&O’s) recent pay shake-up has struck a clear chord among City rivals striving to engage with the best young solicitors, but new research suggests only a minority of firms are considering similar moves in the immediate future.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651